Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Matthew 7:11

I have realized how much obedience is important in the Christian walk. Not just so we can be right with the Lord, but so that we can learn what God would really have us do and walk it out in everything we do. I had to completely trust that the Lord was going to provide the money needed for the next payment for CDH. It was a huge stretch for me to literally wait until the last minute to find out that the Lord had brought the money in and I was able to make the payment on time. As I was going through that week of waiting and trusting on the Lord I came across the passage in Matthew 7, where Jesus is talking about how if we ask we will receive, if we seek we will find, and if we knock the door will be open to us. Then in verse 11 it talks about how we, who are evil, know how to give good gifts, so think how great the gifts our Father in heaven can give. It absolutely blew my mind away. He is so faithful and knows when to give, when to let us wait, and when to not give at all. He knows that we could try on our own to find the money or whatever needed, but to trust and obey Him in letting Him do His work makes the outcome so much better! God you have taught me that through obedience comes blessing and wisdom, and through ignorance and disobedience comes absolutely nothing but loneliness.

Thank you for you continual encouragement through your word and through your people. May you bless who ever you had send money, I ask that you would let them know through you love how thankful I am! Blessed be your Name, my Rock and my Redeemer!

Matthew 7:9-11
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No comments:

Post a Comment